The economic calendar is a tool that provides information on upcoming economic events, indicators, and news that can affect the financial markets. It helps traders and investors to plan their strategies, anticipate market movements, and make informed decisions.
The investing.com economic calendar is one of the most comprehensive and reliable sources of economic data on the web. It covers over 30 countries and regions, and offers real-time updates, forecasts, and historical data for hundreds of economic indicators. It also features a user-friendly interface, customizable filters, and alerts.
In this article, we will explain how to use the investing.com economic calendar to stay ahead of the market.
What is the Economic Calendar?
The economic calendar is a schedule of economic events and indicators that are released by governments, central banks, statistical agencies, and other sources. These events and indicators measure the performance and health of the economy, such as GDP, inflation, unemployment, trade balance, consumer confidence, industrial production, retail sales, etc.
The economic calendar can have a significant impact on the financial markets, as it reflects the current and expected state of the economy. Depending on the outcome of the events and indicators, the market can react positively or negatively, causing fluctuations in prices, volatility, and liquidity.
For example, if the US GDP growth rate is higher than expected, it may indicate that the US economy is expanding faster than anticipated, which could boost the demand for the US dollar and US stocks. Conversely, if the US GDP growth rate is lower than expected, it may signal that the US economy is slowing down or contracting, which could weaken the demand for the US dollar and US stocks.
How to Access the Investing.com Economic Calendar?
The investing.com economic calendar can be accessed from the website or [the mobile app]. The website version offers more features and options than the mobile app version.
To access the website version, simply go to [the homepage] and click on “Economic Calendar” under the “Tools” menu. Alternatively, you can use this link to go directly to the economic calendar page.
To access the mobile app version, download and install [the app] from [the App Store] or [the Google Play Store]. Once you open the app, tap on “More” at the bottom right corner of the screen, and then tap on “Economic Calendar”.
How to Use the Investing.com Economic Calendar?
The investing.com economic calendar has a simple and intuitive design that allows you to easily navigate and filter the data according to your preferences. Here are some of the main features and functions of the economic calendar:
- Time Zone: You can adjust the time zone of the economic calendar to match your location or your preferred market. To do so, click on “Time Zone” at the top right corner of the website version or tap on “Settings” at the top right corner of the mobile app version. You can choose from over 50 time zones around the world.
- Date Range: You can select the date range of the economic calendar to view past or future events and indicators. To do so, click on “Date Range” at the top left corner of the website version or tap on “Calendar” at the top left corner of the mobile app version. You can choose from yesterday, today, tomorrow, this week, next week, or a custom range.
- Filters: You can apply various filters to narrow down your search and focus on specific events and indicators that interest you. To do so, click on “Filters” at the top center of the website version or tap on “Filter” at the top center of the mobile app version. You can filter by country/region (e.g., US), category (e.g., GDP), importance (e.g., high), volatility (e.g., high), event type (e.g., speech), source (e.g., Fed), or keyword (e.g., inflation).
- Data: The economic calendar displays a list of events and indicators in chronological order according to your selected time zone and date range. Each event or indicator has a row that shows its name (e.g., US Nonfarm Payrolls), its country/region flag (e.g., 🇺🇸), its importance level (e.g., ★★★), its expected impact on volatility (e.g., , its release time (e.g., 12:30), its actual value (e.g., 235K), its forecast value (e.g., 750K), and its previous value (e.g., 943K). You can also see a chart icon (e.g., ) that allows you to view the historical data and trend of the event or indicator. To view more details about an event or indicator, click on its row on the website version or tap on its row on the mobile app version. You will see a pop-up window that shows its description, source, frequency, relevance, and related instruments. You can also see a news icon (e.g., ) that allows you to view the latest news and analysis about the event or indicator.
- Alerts: You can set up alerts to receive notifications when an event or indicator is released or when its value changes. To do so, click on the bell icon (e.g., ) on the website version or tap on the bell icon on the mobile app version. You can choose to receive alerts by email, SMS, or push notification. You can also customize the alert settings, such as the time before the release, the importance level, the volatility level, and the countries/regions.
The investing.com economic calendar is a powerful tool that can help you stay ahead of the market and make informed trading and investing decisions. It offers real-time updates, forecasts, and historical data for hundreds of economic events and indicators from over 30 countries and regions. It also features a user-friendly interface, customizable filters, and alerts.
By using the investing.com economic calendar, you can keep track of the economic performance and health of the global economy, anticipate market movements, and identify trading and investing opportunities.