What is Vatic Investments?
Vatic Investments is a systematic quantitative investment management firm that uses artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) to develop autonomous trading agents and state-of-the-art investment software. The firm is data-driven, with ML and cutting-edge technology piloting its trading strategies.
The word vatic means to describe or predict what will happen in the future, and that’s exactly what Vatic Investments does. The firm aims to boost market efficiency and transparency by applying the science of trading intelligence.
Who are the people behind Vatic Investments?
Vatic Investments was founded by James Chiu, a former trader and portfolio manager at Citadel, one of the world’s largest hedge funds. Chiu is the Chief Executive Officer of Vatic Investments and leads a team of talented traders, AI researchers, and technologists.
Some of the notable members of the Vatic Investments team are:
- Li Deng, Ph.D., Chief Artificial Intelligence Officer and Global Head of Machine Learning. Deng is a renowned AI expert who was formerly a Chief AI Officer at Citadel, a Partner Research Manager at Microsoft Research, and a Professor at the University of Waterloo. He has made significant contributions to the fields of deep learning, natural language processing, speech recognition, and computer vision.
- Allen Poteshman, Ph.D., Chief Investment Officer and Head of Statistical Arbitrage. Poteshman is a former Professor of Finance at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, where he taught and researched topics such as market microstructure, option pricing, and behavioral finance. He has also worked as a quantitative researcher and portfolio manager at Citadel and UBS O’Connor.
- David Shaw, Ph.D., Member of the Advisory Board. Shaw is the founder of D.E. Shaw & Co., one of the pioneers of quantitative investing and one of the most successful hedge funds in history. He is also a computational biochemist who leads a research group that develops new algorithms and software for molecular simulations.
What are the advantages of Vatic Investments?
Vatic Investments has several competitive advantages that set it apart from other investment firms:
- Collaboration: Vatic Investments fosters a culture of collaboration among its team members, who come from diverse backgrounds and disciplines. The firm encourages its team to work together as a unit, share ideas, and learn from each other.
- Innovation: Vatic Investments constantly adapts and innovates in response to the ever-changing market conditions and opportunities. The firm leverages its expertise in AI, ML, and technology to create novel solutions that challenge the status quo.
- Trade: Vatic Investments uses data-driven methods to execute its trading strategies, which are based on rigorous quantitative analysis and deep domain knowledge of the markets. The firm takes calculated risks and seeks to generate consistent returns for its investors.
Vatic Investments is a global liquidity provider that uses AI and ML to develop autonomous trading agents and state-of-the-art investment software. The firm is led by a team of brilliant traders, AI researchers, and technologists who collaborate, innovate, and trade with excellence. Vatic Investments is a leader in the science of trading intelligence and a pioneer in the future of finance.